Lunar Eclipse: An Overview
Have you ever heard your parents explain the many rituals that must be performed when an eclipse, whether solar or lunar, is going to occur? So, have you ever inquired about the many stories it is involved with? Many of us have different tales, but let’s talk about them all here.
According to science, perhaps we have all had extensive academic studies on eclipses. However, a study of the Earth, Moon, and Sun’s positions is only one aspect of an eclipse.
In astronomy, an eclipse is when one celestial body completely or partially blocks out another. When three heavenly bodies align, an eclipse takes place.
A lunar eclipse is an occurrence in space that takes place when the moon passes through the Earth’s shadow and turns darker. This alignment happens once in every six months during eclipse season when the Moon’s orbital plane is closest to the range of the Earth’s orbit.
Lunar Eclipse and Astrology
“Marking its occurrence on a full moon, the Lunar Eclipse, typically ushers in an intense ending, occasionally quite an abrupt one”
If you’re into astrology and what your star signs have to say about you, you probably have questions about what a lunar eclipse is and how it could affect our daily lives. Well, you’re just in luck as I’m here to clear it all up.
When it comes to astrology, there are a lot of myths and stereotypes that have been followed from ancient history. Well, some can’t be called myths, they could have a story behind them. Hence, to clear the air for you, let’s first understand how a lunar eclipse works!
A full moon eclipse, also known as a lunar eclipse, happens when the Earth blocks the moon’s light. To put it another way, the Earth is preventing the moon from receiving sunlight. When the earth is exactly between the moon and the sun, or when the moon enters the earth’s shadow, we get to experience a Lunar Eclipse.
The moon usually seems stale or acquires a vivid crimson glow. Only half of the earth may see a lunar eclipse at the stated time, therefore you must be on the ‘night’ side of the Earth when one happens. It happens at full moons, albeit not always.
How does an Eclipse affect you astrologically?
It’s unsettling to experience change and the general human tendencies towards change are not very welcoming. That is why eclipses are so dramatic and transforming.
Now, Lunar Eclipse might act differently on different zodiac signs, but generally, eclipses highlight significant life experiences that we often remember for the rest of our lives.
I believe that when we are incarnated in this world, we all have a soul or life mission to fulfil. The eclipse frequently puts us back on track if we’ve deviated too far from it, sometimes abruptly.
Obviously, this might feel very dramatic at the time, yet what happens during an eclipse nearly always works out for the best. Sometimes you simply have to let things happen.
When we are confronted with a crisis eclipse moment, we are usually pushed beyond our comfort zones and feel as though our lives are changing right before our eyes.
Eclipses begin and end astrological chapters, guaranteeing that we are never in the same place for too long.
The Eclipses, for example, will always occur in the polarity specified below Aries-Libra, Taurus-Scorpio, Gemini-Sagittarius, Cancer-Capricorn, Leo-Aquarius, and Virgo-Pisces are the sign combinations.
Eclipses are astrologers’ “wild cards” that can have spectacular results. They are some of the most striking techniques that the universe uses to draw our attention to parts of our lives that require improvement.
We are stunned, uprooted, and moved by them. They shock us out of our complacency in order for us to go from one degree of awareness to another, to a higher level and they work quickly. The eclipses urge us to adapt, and we do!
How Lunar Eclipse might affect all zodiac signs
When it comes to the consequences of the Lunar Eclipse on different zodiac signs, astrologers have a lot to say. The overall impacts of a lunar eclipse on a person’s life or the entire planet are already known, although it may have special effects on certain zodiac signs. Let’s find out what those are.
The moon eclipse might cause a shift in your relationship’s emphasis. While you may be experiencing strain in your personal and professional relationships, this might be an excellent moment to enhance them via conversations and cooperation.
The eclipse will have an effect on your relationships, particularly those with family and at home. You may be concerned about your security and stability, and hence feel the need for change. The incident will also have an impact on your stars, prompting you to consider what is actually important to you.
Geminis may notice a shift in their communication and mental processes as a result of the eclipse, as they will feel introspective and thoughtful. This is also an excellent chance for personal development and self-discovery.
The eclipse may be a good moment for major emotional transformations. People may be more sensitive and susceptible than normal to events.
The eclipse is predicted to have a significant impact on your creative expression as well as your connection with your children. While this might be a moment for inspiration, you will want to express yourself more genuinely.
Virgos may feel a shift in their personal growth and spirituality as a result of the moon eclipse.
The eclipse is likely to have an impact on your personal and professional connections. Libra persons should expect difficulties or confrontation.
For persons born under this sign, the lunar eclipse might bring about significant changes in your life, particularly in your job and relationships. Consider letting go of old ideas and practises that are significantly impeding your progress and instead attempting to embrace a new way of being.
You may notice some changes in yourself since this is a time to reflect on yourself and move deeper into self-discovery.
Capricorns may experience unanticipated changes in personal relationships. As a result of the eclipse, people may feel compelled to break off from toxic relationships and prioritise their own needs.
The eclipse may have an impact on this zodiac sign’s friendships and other connections. It is natural to want to let go of old relationships and embrace new ones.
People in Pieces may experience emotional transformations and profound insights during the impending eclipse. People may feel compelled to confront unsolved issues and address them further.
Lunar Eclipse: What To do and What Not to Do
Natives must remember a few things during both Lunar eclipses in order to protect themselves from its negative consequences. To learn more, continue reading the list below:
- The Lunar Eclipse should not be seen with the naked eye.
- Avoid leaving the house and do not allow other family members to leave during the eclipse period.
- You should avoid visiting the temples or performing auspicious service to the Almighty when the Lunar eclipse begins. You can, however, repeat mantras in your head during the interval. It will remove any toxic energy that enters the atmosphere during the eclipse.
- Cooking during an eclipse is considered unlucky. Wait a few hours after the eclipse before cooking.
- After the eclipse, clean the house. Furthermore, take a bath and ensure that other household members do the same and wear clean clothes.
- After the eclipse, give to those in need as much as you can. You can give money, clothes, food, and other items if you like.
Effects of Lunar Eclipse on Health
Both the Solar and Lunar eclipses have an influence on health in their own way. As a result, we must properly understand how it might be damaging to our health and take appropriate precautions:
- Even while you can observe a Lunar eclipse with your own eyes, it is best to avoid doing so.
- The Lunar Eclipse can also have an impact on meals. As a result, avoid cooking. Furthermore, if prepared food is stored in the house before the eclipse, it should be removed after the eclipse. After the eclipse, prepare fresh meals for yourself.
- It has a significant impact on fertility. According to popular belief, the Moon is a sign of fertility. As a result, a Lunar eclipse might be an ideal moment for ovulating women to become pregnant.
- It is also assumed that a link exists between a woman’s menstrual cycle and the lunar cycle. As a result, the Lunar eclipse might aid in synchronising the menstrual cycle.
- The Lunar Eclipse will also have a significant impact on people’s minds and bodies. This can exacerbate anxiety and depression symptoms. Even for those who are already suffering from insomnia, difficulties may worsen.
Remedies of Lunar Eclipse or Chandra Grahan
You cannot change what’s written in your stars. But what you can do is get yourself prepared. As scary as this may sound as if the worst is yet to come, it’s not always so bad, and not for everyone at least! Here are some easy remedies that can get you through the hours of Lunar Eclipse:
- Maintain a happy and tranquil attitude during the Lunar Eclipse.
- Bathing before and after the lunar eclipse is recommended because it purifies the body, mind, and spirit and eliminates bad energy.
- It is beneficial to do Dhyana Yoga or meditate while repeating “Om.”
- Keep hydrated because the Lunar Eclipse usually lasts a few hours long.
- It is advised that you study the Bhagavad Gita and the Ramacharitmanas, repeat the Guru Mantra, and participate in other spiritual activities, but simply chant and recite. Focus and do nothing else.
Eclipses establish recurring themes throughout the following six months. In the month before their arrival, we can begin to feel them coming, and they can still deliver their news in the weeks that follow.
However, most individuals learn about an eclipse during the week leading up to it. You can never say whether or not an eclipse is a “good eclipse” or a “bad eclipse” without consulting an astrologer and observing how it interacts with the sky at that particular time.
This is because, from an astrological perspective, the eclipse will always be coloured by the planetary aspects it makes at the time of the lunation.
Eclipses have long been associated with life transitions. So, the next time an eclipse comes, prepare to confront the problems and seize the chances. Keep in mind that as one door shuts, another one opens!
1. What is a lunar eclipse?
A lunar eclipse is an occurrence in space that takes place when the moon passes through the Earth’s shadow and turns darker. This alignment happens only for once in every six months.
2. What are the different types of lunar eclipses?
There are three types of lunar eclipses: total, partial, and penumbral. At least two partial lunar eclipses happen every year, but total lunar eclipses are rare.
3. What is the difference between a lunar eclipse and a solar eclipse?
The name tells you what gets darker when the eclipse happens. In a solar eclipse, the Sun gets darker. In a lunar eclipse, the Moon gets darker.
4. When is the next lunar eclipse?
The next lunar eclipse will take place on October 28-29, 2023.
5. Are there any cultural or mythological beliefs associated with lunar eclipses?
A lunar eclipse, according to Hindu texts Ved Vyas, occurs when the demon deity Rahu grasps the Sun and Moon by the mouth. And because he is a ‘devil’ deity, the celestial event is filled with negative energy. Some of these legends evolved into superstitions that are still practised today.